Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Wed April 3, 2013
'Stitch Like An Egyptian' at Quilt Week in Paducah
Tens of thousands of visitors will be in our region to view the contemporary art of quilting in a myriad of styles, methods, and materials during the AQS Quilt Show and Contest in Paducah the 24th through the 27th of April. Among these visitors will be two men from Cairo, Egypt who will be demonstrating their art of applique’, making works on the spot, exhibiting their textile art and selling works as well. Next we meet the woman who paved the way for these artisans to have access to the American marketplace. Kate Lochte interviews Jenny Bowker.
Jenny Bowker mentored “The Tentmakers of Cairo” whose exhibit called “Stitch Like An Egyptian” will be on display during this month’s Quilt Week in Paducah. See the entire schedule of the April 24th through 27th event at aqsshows.com/AQSPaducah. The show includes quilting and sewing vendors, lectures, demonstrations- including The Tentmakers -, and a multitude of exhibits, including the winning quilts from all over the world. This is the 29th Annual Quilt Week co-founded by Meredith Schroeder of The American Quilter’s Society, who will be inducted into the Quilters Hall of Fame this year.
American Quilter's Society