Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Fri July 26, 2013
Steve Martin and Edie Brickell On World Cafe
Originally published on Fri September 27, 2013 4:14 pm
Steve Martin is a true Renaissance man, having run the gamut of accomplishments from acting to writing to art collecting. He's also an award-winning banjo player, offering easy, lilting banjo melodies alongside former New Bohemian Edie Brickell's lyrics on the duo's latest album, Love Has Come For You.
On this installment of World Cafe, hear the story of how this unique collaboration began; the two have met such success that they are also working on a musical together. Martin brings along bluegrass band The Steep Canyon Rangers to play with him and Brickell on stage at World Cafe Live. Watch a video of the performance below, recorded at WXPN's Non-COMMvention in Philadelphia last May.