Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Tue August 26, 2014
State Trooper's Resignation Leads to Investigation
The Kentucky State Police is investigating the circumstances surrounding the resignation of Trooper Donald Crawford, who resigned from Post 1 in Mayfield last week after nine years on the force.
The Marshall County Tribune Courier says Crawford stepped down after rumors circulated that he had inappropriate contact with a Marshall County juvenile while conducting a traffic stop. KSP spokesperson Sergeant Michael Webb confirms there is an investigation, though he cannot give details concerning the circumstances. He says the investigation could take a few weeks to a few months and if Crawford is charged with anything he will be prosecuted by the local county attorney.