Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue August 26, 2014
State Trooper's Resignation Leads to Investigation
The Kentucky State Police is investigating the circumstances surrounding the resignation of Trooper Donald Crawford, who resigned from Post 1 in Mayfield last week after nine years on the force.
The Marshall County Tribune Courier says Crawford stepped down after rumors circulated that he had inappropriate contact with a Marshall County juvenile while conducting a traffic stop. KSP spokesperson Sergeant Michael Webb confirms there is an investigation, though he cannot give details concerning the circumstances. He says the investigation could take a few weeks to a few months and if Crawford is charged with anything he will be prosecuted by the local county attorney.