Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow, Audio] Cleaning Up The Columbia Theatre, A Paducah Treasure
- Wet Vote Wins: Marshall County to Allow Alcohol Sales
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Why Does Murray Have So Many Banks?
- [Update] WKMS Documentary "I Am John Scopes" Rebroadcast: Sunday 9 a.m.
Tue August 26, 2014
State Trooper's Resignation Leads to Investigation
The Kentucky State Police is investigating the circumstances surrounding the resignation of Trooper Donald Crawford, who resigned from Post 1 in Mayfield last week after nine years on the force.
The Marshall County Tribune Courier says Crawford stepped down after rumors circulated that he had inappropriate contact with a Marshall County juvenile while conducting a traffic stop. KSP spokesperson Sergeant Michael Webb confirms there is an investigation, though he cannot give details concerning the circumstances. He says the investigation could take a few weeks to a few months and if Crawford is charged with anything he will be prosecuted by the local county attorney.