Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- Paducah Receives $400k Grant for New Park
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- Dr. Richard Carrier on the Historicity of Jesus
Tue August 26, 2014
State Trooper's Resignation Leads to Investigation
The Kentucky State Police is investigating the circumstances surrounding the resignation of Trooper Donald Crawford, who resigned from Post 1 in Mayfield last week after nine years on the force.
The Marshall County Tribune Courier says Crawford stepped down after rumors circulated that he had inappropriate contact with a Marshall County juvenile while conducting a traffic stop. KSP spokesperson Sergeant Michael Webb confirms there is an investigation, though he cannot give details concerning the circumstances. He says the investigation could take a few weeks to a few months and if Crawford is charged with anything he will be prosecuted by the local county attorney.