Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue August 26, 2014
State Trooper's Resignation Leads to Investigation
The Kentucky State Police is investigating the circumstances surrounding the resignation of Trooper Donald Crawford, who resigned from Post 1 in Mayfield last week after nine years on the force.
The Marshall County Tribune Courier says Crawford stepped down after rumors circulated that he had inappropriate contact with a Marshall County juvenile while conducting a traffic stop. KSP spokesperson Sergeant Michael Webb confirms there is an investigation, though he cannot give details concerning the circumstances. He says the investigation could take a few weeks to a few months and if Crawford is charged with anything he will be prosecuted by the local county attorney.