Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri December 21, 2012
State Police Collect 52 Tons of Food
Kentucky State Police have collected 52 tons of food to help feed people during the holidays. Commissioner Rodney Brewer says the "Cram the Cruiser" food drive netted more than 10o,000pounds of food statewide.
Individual posts promote the campaign to collect enough food to fill a police cruiser over a 10-day period. This year's effort was more than double last year's take of almost 51,000 pounds of food. The non-perishable food items are distributed to local shelters, food banks and needy families.