Most Active Stories
- Strong Winter Storm Bringing Significant Snow and Ice Accumulations
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Preserving Our Voices 2013
Fri December 21, 2012
State Police Collect 52 Tons of Food
Kentucky State Police have collected 52 tons of food to help feed people during the holidays. Commissioner Rodney Brewer says the "Cram the Cruiser" food drive netted more than 10o,000pounds of food statewide.
Individual posts promote the campaign to collect enough food to fill a police cruiser over a 10-day period. This year's effort was more than double last year's take of almost 51,000 pounds of food. The non-perishable food items are distributed to local shelters, food banks and needy families.