Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Fri December 21, 2012
State Police Collect 52 Tons of Food
Kentucky State Police have collected 52 tons of food to help feed people during the holidays. Commissioner Rodney Brewer says the "Cram the Cruiser" food drive netted more than 10o,000pounds of food statewide.
Individual posts promote the campaign to collect enough food to fill a police cruiser over a 10-day period. This year's effort was more than double last year's take of almost 51,000 pounds of food. The non-perishable food items are distributed to local shelters, food banks and needy families.