Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
Wed October 30, 2013
State Officials Warn Of Healthcare Scammers
Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear and Attorney General Jack Conway are warning consumers to beware of scam artists who might try to dupe them on websites mimicking those where people can sign up for insurance policies.
Consumers have alerted state officials to suspicious websites they believe are being operated by scammers.
Beshear called it "appalling" that criminals would try to try to prey on Kentuckians looking for medical coverage.
Conway said his office has sent out two civil subpoenas and cease and desist orders to the operators of two websites, which he declined to identify.
Conway said kynect.ky.gov is the only website Kentuckians should use to sign up coverage.