Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Fri April 12, 2013
State Gives $250K to Recycled Rubber Mulch Projects
The Kentucky Energy and Environment Cabinet is providing $250,000 in grants for rubber mulch in 18 playgrounds, a landscaping project and a walking trail.
Gov. Steve Beshear says using the recycled scrap tire mulch is environmentally beneficial. The grants come from the state's Waste Tire Trust Fund, which receives a $1 fee from each new tire sold.
The grants ranged from $4,600 at the Bullfrogs & Butterflies Child Development Center in LaRue County to $58,000 at Meade-Olin Park in Meade County. A list of all the projects can be found here.