Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed November 28, 2012
State Fields Thousands of Calls About Tax Amnesty
The Kentucky Department of Revenue has been getting up to 1,000 calls a day in the final week of an amnesty offer to delinquent taxpayers. The rising interest has prompted the state department to extend operating hours at 10 field offices around the state.
Kentucky is aiming to generate more than $60 million through the offer that allows delinquent taxpayers to avoid prosecution if they pay up. The amnesty program also intends to help balance a $19 billion budget that mandated cuts to most state agencies and programs.