Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed November 28, 2012
State Fields Thousands of Calls About Tax Amnesty
The Kentucky Department of Revenue has been getting up to 1,000 calls a day in the final week of an amnesty offer to delinquent taxpayers. The rising interest has prompted the state department to extend operating hours at 10 field offices around the state.
Kentucky is aiming to generate more than $60 million through the offer that allows delinquent taxpayers to avoid prosecution if they pay up. The amnesty program also intends to help balance a $19 billion budget that mandated cuts to most state agencies and programs.