Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Mon January 20, 2014
State Awards Contract For Parkway Upgrades
The state has awarded a $29 million dollar contract to reconstruct the Pennyrile Parkway interchange with the Western Kentucky Parkway/Interstate 69 near Madisonville.
According to The Gleaner, the project will convert the existing reduced-speed cloverleaf interchange to a "full flow" connection interchange.
Officials say it's one of the biggest construction projects related to upgrade portions of three state parkways - the Pennyrile, Western Kentucky and Purchase - to interstate standards so they can be re-designated as I-69 from Henderson to Fulton on the Tennessee state line.