Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Mon January 20, 2014
State Awards Contract For Parkway Upgrades
The state has awarded a $29 million dollar contract to reconstruct the Pennyrile Parkway interchange with the Western Kentucky Parkway/Interstate 69 near Madisonville.
According to The Gleaner, the project will convert the existing reduced-speed cloverleaf interchange to a "full flow" connection interchange.
Officials say it's one of the biggest construction projects related to upgrade portions of three state parkways - the Pennyrile, Western Kentucky and Purchase - to interstate standards so they can be re-designated as I-69 from Henderson to Fulton on the Tennessee state line.