Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Mon January 20, 2014
State Awards Contract For Parkway Upgrades
The state has awarded a $29 million dollar contract to reconstruct the Pennyrile Parkway interchange with the Western Kentucky Parkway/Interstate 69 near Madisonville.
According to The Gleaner, the project will convert the existing reduced-speed cloverleaf interchange to a "full flow" connection interchange.
Officials say it's one of the biggest construction projects related to upgrade portions of three state parkways - the Pennyrile, Western Kentucky and Purchase - to interstate standards so they can be re-designated as I-69 from Henderson to Fulton on the Tennessee state line.