Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Mon January 20, 2014
State Awards Contract For Parkway Upgrades
The state has awarded a $29 million dollar contract to reconstruct the Pennyrile Parkway interchange with the Western Kentucky Parkway/Interstate 69 near Madisonville.
According to The Gleaner, the project will convert the existing reduced-speed cloverleaf interchange to a "full flow" connection interchange.
Officials say it's one of the biggest construction projects related to upgrade portions of three state parkways - the Pennyrile, Western Kentucky and Purchase - to interstate standards so they can be re-designated as I-69 from Henderson to Fulton on the Tennessee state line.