Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon January 20, 2014
State Awards Contract For Parkway Upgrades
The state has awarded a $29 million dollar contract to reconstruct the Pennyrile Parkway interchange with the Western Kentucky Parkway/Interstate 69 near Madisonville.
According to The Gleaner, the project will convert the existing reduced-speed cloverleaf interchange to a "full flow" connection interchange.
Officials say it's one of the biggest construction projects related to upgrade portions of three state parkways - the Pennyrile, Western Kentucky and Purchase - to interstate standards so they can be re-designated as I-69 from Henderson to Fulton on the Tennessee state line.