Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Mon July 8, 2013
Start date for US 51 Ohio River bridge moved
A contractor for the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet has moved the start date for repairs to the U.S. 51 Ohio River bridge between Wickliffe, Kentucky and Cairo, Illinois to sometime after July 15th. The contractor has agreed to provide a one week advance notice of the specific start date, but has said that work on the 77 year-old span won’t start until after the 15th.
KYTC spokesman Keith Todd says the project will restrict traffic to one lane and require a seven-foot maximum load width, barring all but passenger vehicles from crossing the bridge for about fifty to sixty days.