Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Mon July 8, 2013
Start date for US 51 Ohio River bridge moved
A contractor for the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet has moved the start date for repairs to the U.S. 51 Ohio River bridge between Wickliffe, Kentucky and Cairo, Illinois to sometime after July 15th. The contractor has agreed to provide a one week advance notice of the specific start date, but has said that work on the 77 year-old span won’t start until after the 15th.
KYTC spokesman Keith Todd says the project will restrict traffic to one lane and require a seven-foot maximum load width, barring all but passenger vehicles from crossing the bridge for about fifty to sixty days.