Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Wed April 9, 2014
Speaker's Corner: Dr. David Dunn Talks Changes to Health Care Industry Under ACA
Murray State's 2014 Harry Lee Waterfield Distinguished Lecture in Public Affairs featured Dr. David Dunn, executive vice-president for health affairs at the University of Louisville (UofL). The Waterfield Lecture was held in the Curris Center Ballroom on MSU campus and was free to the public.
Dunn spoke on "The Great American Health Care Horizon" detailing the effects the implementation of the Affordable Care Act has had on the nation's medical education industry.
Dunn assumed his current position in Louisville in 2011, joining the faculty of the department of surgery and the department of microbiology and immunology as a tenured professor. Prior to UofL, he held similar positions at the State University of New York at Buffalo (SUNY).
Dunn has published more than 400 articles and book chapters in the areas of surgical infectious diseases and transplantation, and is considered both a national and international authority in those areas, and has edited texts. He has held office in a number of surgical organizations, is a member of several academic societies and has supported charitable causes for the public good such as United Way and the American Heart Association.