Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed April 9, 2014
Speaker's Corner: Dr. David Dunn Talks Changes to Health Care Industry Under ACA
Murray State's 2014 Harry Lee Waterfield Distinguished Lecture in Public Affairs featured Dr. David Dunn, executive vice-president for health affairs at the University of Louisville (UofL). The Waterfield Lecture was held in the Curris Center Ballroom on MSU campus and was free to the public.
Dunn spoke on "The Great American Health Care Horizon" detailing the effects the implementation of the Affordable Care Act has had on the nation's medical education industry.
Dunn assumed his current position in Louisville in 2011, joining the faculty of the department of surgery and the department of microbiology and immunology as a tenured professor. Prior to UofL, he held similar positions at the State University of New York at Buffalo (SUNY).
Dunn has published more than 400 articles and book chapters in the areas of surgical infectious diseases and transplantation, and is considered both a national and international authority in those areas, and has edited texts. He has held office in a number of surgical organizations, is a member of several academic societies and has supported charitable causes for the public good such as United Way and the American Heart Association.