Most Active Stories
- While Dangerous Predicted Winter Weather Won't Contend With '09 Ice Storm
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
- EKU Plans Response To White Supremacist Flyer Posted In Classroom Buildings
Wed June 6, 2012
Southeast Missouri Tornado Kills Three
Three southeast Missouri men were killed Monday when severe storms spawned a tornado that destroyed their residence.
70-year-old Loy Miller and his two sons, Jasper and Randy, were found dead in their Scott County mobile home late Monday. The E-F 2 twister was part of a storm system that struck portions of southeast Missouri, southern Illinois, and western Kentucky earlier this week. The National Weather Service says the tornado was 75 yards wide and had peak winds of 115 miles per hour.