Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
Wed June 6, 2012
Southeast Missouri Tornado Kills Three
Three southeast Missouri men were killed Monday when severe storms spawned a tornado that destroyed their residence.
70-year-old Loy Miller and his two sons, Jasper and Randy, were found dead in their Scott County mobile home late Monday. The E-F 2 twister was part of a storm system that struck portions of southeast Missouri, southern Illinois, and western Kentucky earlier this week. The National Weather Service says the tornado was 75 yards wide and had peak winds of 115 miles per hour.