Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
Wed June 6, 2012
Southeast Missouri Tornado Kills Three
Three southeast Missouri men were killed Monday when severe storms spawned a tornado that destroyed their residence.
70-year-old Loy Miller and his two sons, Jasper and Randy, were found dead in their Scott County mobile home late Monday. The E-F 2 twister was part of a storm system that struck portions of southeast Missouri, southern Illinois, and western Kentucky earlier this week. The National Weather Service says the tornado was 75 yards wide and had peak winds of 115 miles per hour.