Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Wed June 6, 2012
Southeast Missouri Tornado Kills Three
Three southeast Missouri men were killed Monday when severe storms spawned a tornado that destroyed their residence.
70-year-old Loy Miller and his two sons, Jasper and Randy, were found dead in their Scott County mobile home late Monday. The E-F 2 twister was part of a storm system that struck portions of southeast Missouri, southern Illinois, and western Kentucky earlier this week. The National Weather Service says the tornado was 75 yards wide and had peak winds of 115 miles per hour.