Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed June 6, 2012
Southeast Missouri Tornado Kills Three
Three southeast Missouri men were killed Monday when severe storms spawned a tornado that destroyed their residence.
70-year-old Loy Miller and his two sons, Jasper and Randy, were found dead in their Scott County mobile home late Monday. The E-F 2 twister was part of a storm system that struck portions of southeast Missouri, southern Illinois, and western Kentucky earlier this week. The National Weather Service says the tornado was 75 yards wide and had peak winds of 115 miles per hour.