Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Middle School Principal Arrested
Mon March 12, 2012
South Marshall Middle School Principal Charged with Rape
South Marshall Middle School Principal Ken Barlow was arrested yesterday at his lawyer's office in Paducah. Barlow was previously tried in 2007 on charges of molesting a 6-year-old boy, but was acquitted.
From the Kentucky State Police:
Kentucky State Police have arrested a Marshall County man for rape and other charges after an investigation of an overnight sexual assault. State Police arrested 46-year-old Kent Barlow after an investigation revealed evidence linking Barlow to the assault. The assault is reported to have taken place early Sunday morning at Barlow's Marshall County residence. State Police investigators spent much of Sunday morning and afternoon interviewing the alleged victim of the assault which led to the execution of a search warrant at Barlow's residence in Marshall County. Kent Barlow was taken into custody at his attorney's office in Paducah just after 5:00 PM on Sunday afternoon. Barlow was charged with Rape 1st Degree, Assault 4th Degree, Wanton Endangerment 1st Degree, Terroristic Threatening 1st Degree, and Unlawful Imprisonment 1st Degree. He was lodged in the Marshall County Detention Center. The investigation is continuing by Trooper David Dick with the Kentucky State Police.