Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
- Evidence On Marijuana's Health Effects Is Hazy At Best
WKMS Press Releases
Fri June 28, 2013
Songs We Used to Sing Returns July 4th
Underwritten by Margaret Hank Memorial Cumberland Presbyterian Church
Back then, we sang. We sang at school. We sang at recess. We sang on camping trips and at Sunday School. We sang at home, gathered around the piano. We sang while we worked and just because it was fun. And of course, we sang along with the radio. We all knew the words to folk songs, kid songs, pop songs, hymns, funny songs, and the ones our grandmother taught us.
Songs We Used to Sing celebrates that great tradition with two hours of fun and familiar American songs performed by artists across the spectrum of popular music – from Dolly Parton to Pete Seeger, from Bruce Springsteen to Louis Armstrong, from Johnny Cash to Judy Collins.
Your host and producer is Dr. Bob, creator of the Eisenhower Hour and the award-winning Christmas in the Fifties. Songs We Used to Sing returns to WKMS this 4th of July!