Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Mon December 30, 2013
Some KY Communities See Economic Recovery
An analysis by the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce has found that many communities across the state have rebounded from the 2008 recession.
The report released this week found a largely positive picture of the state economic health. The Courier-Journal reports the analysis found that three cities — Owensboro, Lexington and Elizabethtown — support more jobs now than they had in 2007.
It also found that Louisville jobs have increased to pre-recession levels and wages and salaries increased in urban areas. It wasn't all good news, though.
Wages and salaries fell in 17 counties mostly in eastern Kentucky. The region also saw a loss of about 6,000 coal jobs.