Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Fri August 28, 2009
Soldier Suspect Turns Himself In
By Angela Hatton
Clarksville, TN – Police in Clarksville say a Fort Campbell soldier, wanted in a fatal overnight stabbing, has surrendered. The Clarksville Leaf-Chronicle reports Donald Ray Green Jr. turned himself in at a convenience store this morning. Police had obtained a criminal homicide warrant for Green after a stabbing on Thursday night in the parking lot of a supermarket near the U.S. Army Base. Police say the victim, whose name was not immediately released, managed to walk across Fort Campbell Boulevard into Kentucky before collapsing. He was pronounced dead at Blanchfield Army Community hospital.