Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Mon July 2, 2007
Soldier Family Assistance Center
By Jim Michael
Murray, KY – Earlier this year, the Washington Post exposed abysmal conditions at Walter Reed Army Medical Center. The story's publicity shined the spotlight on how poorly we care for some of our wounded soldiers. While not necessarily a direct result of the Post's stories, the Army is changing how its medical system works. Jim Michael recently visited the Soldier Family Assistance Center at Fort Campbell, and explains how some of the changes will affect injured soldiers.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear about Michael's visit to the Soldier Family Assistance Center.