Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri October 19, 2012
Social Media Sensation Dies of Cancer at 13
The western Kentucky boy known for his thumbs-up campaign has lost his battle with cancer. The announcement of his death was posted on his Facebook page, which had 369,000 followers. 13-year-old Lane Goodwin from Beech Grove died Wednesday. The Thumbs-up for Lane campaign has social media fans from all over the world including country music stars, Kentucky basketball coach John Calipari and The Turtleman, Lane’s favorite celebrity. Lane was a fan of the St. Louis Cardinals and fans held signs supporting Lane during the baseball playoffs. Lane was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer in 2010 and had two relapses.