Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Thu October 4, 2012
Smoking Ban First Reading Passes in Hopkinsville
The Hopkinsville City Council narrowly passed a first reading of a smoking ban Tuesday with Mayor Dan Kemp casting the deciding vote. The ordinance can’t take effect, however, until a second reading is approved. Mayor Kemp says the move puts Hopkinsville in line with neighboring cities that also have smoking bans in place. Opponents of the ban say they don’t want to take away business owners’ rights.