Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Thu December 18, 2008
Smallwood Pleads Not Guilty
By Jacque Day
Fort Campbell – A Fort Campbell soldier's wife pleaded not guilty Wednesday to charges of setting a fire that killed her two young children. The May 2007 fire at Billi Jo Smallwood's Fort Campbell home killed nine-year-old Sam Fagan and two-year-old Rebekah Smallwood and injured her husband, Specialist Wayne Smallwood. If convicted, Billi Jo Smallwood could face execution or life in prison.