Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Tue November 20, 2012
Small Businesses Key to Job Creation in Delta Region
New data shows small businesses have led the Mississippi Delta region in job creation. The Delta Regional Authority released private-sector data Monday showing 90 percent of all new jobs in the area over the last 20 years have come from businesses with nine or fewer employees.
The Delta region includes Kentucky, Tennessee, Illinois and five other states. DRA Federal Co-Chairman Christopher Masingill says that shows small businesses have created jobs in the past and will continue to do so.