Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Datebook: May 10 - Anna Jarvis Leads First Mother's Day 105 Years Ago
Tue November 20, 2012
Small Businesses Key to Job Creation in Delta Region
New data shows small businesses have led the Mississippi Delta region in job creation. The Delta Regional Authority released private-sector data Monday showing 90 percent of all new jobs in the area over the last 20 years have come from businesses with nine or fewer employees.
The Delta region includes Kentucky, Tennessee, Illinois and five other states. DRA Federal Co-Chairman Christopher Masingill says that shows small businesses have created jobs in the past and will continue to do so.