Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri June 8, 2012
SIU Receives Clean Coal Grant
Southern Illinois University Carbondale is getting a nearly $300,000 federal grant money meant to develop clean-coal technology.
The grant money bound for the university's Coal Research Center will go towards work on powder coatings to protect boiler and turbine parts from corrosion. In addition to the grant, the university has given more than $140,000 to the center. SIUC was among nine universities chosen to receive a portion of the $2.7 million dollar grant issued by President Obama's administration to further clean coal research.