Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Hopkinsville HS Students Allege Discrimination Over LGBT Related Yearbook Quote
Mon August 11, 2014
Single Digits Determine Next Houston Co. Sheriff
Houston County, Tennessee, Sheriff Darrell Allison could be unseated by just one vote.
Last week's primary election saw Erin Police Department Assistant Chief and sheriff candidate Kevin Sugg four votes ahead of Allison. County election officials are waiting to count three more ballots, which will not be counted if the voters do not present photo IDs by 4:00 pm today.
According to his campaign Facebook page, Kevin Sugg has been in law enforcement since 1985 and is currently a member of the Leadership Houston County Class of 2014 and the local chamber of commerce. Darrell Allison has served as sheriff since 2010.
Officials say they need to total and certify the election before releasing final numbers, tentatively scheduled for Thursday. As of now, Sugg leads with 1,103 votes to Allison’s 1,099.