Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed August 26, 2009
Singh Files Counterclaim
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Executive Inn owner Bhupinder Singh filed a counterclaim yesterday against the Paducah-McCracken County Convention Center Board. The suit alleges misconduct and violation of a lease agreement which led to his financial hardship. This legal action counters a lawsuit filed by the board in July. Singh is seeking unspecified damages and the dismissal of competing foreclosure claims from both the board and the company that holds a $3.5 million mortgage on the hotel. The Paducah Sun reports the convention board is expected to file a response in about two weeks.