Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Wed August 26, 2009
Singh Files Counterclaim
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Executive Inn owner Bhupinder Singh filed a counterclaim yesterday against the Paducah-McCracken County Convention Center Board. The suit alleges misconduct and violation of a lease agreement which led to his financial hardship. This legal action counters a lawsuit filed by the board in July. Singh is seeking unspecified damages and the dismissal of competing foreclosure claims from both the board and the company that holds a $3.5 million mortgage on the hotel. The Paducah Sun reports the convention board is expected to file a response in about two weeks.