Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Datebook: May 10 - Anna Jarvis Leads First Mother's Day 105 Years Ago
Fri December 21, 2012
Simon Says IL Pension Crisis Threatens Veterans Homes
Illinois Lt. Gov. Sheila Simon says funding for the state's veterans homes is being threatened by a growing public pension burden. Simon visited the Adjutant Illinois Veterans Home in Anna Thursday to celebrate the holiday season with residents and highlight the service the homes provide. The state operates homes in Anna, LaSalle, Manteno and Quincy but has cut funding for them.
Governor Pat Quinn wants lawmakers to help him craft a plan to reduce the state's pension obligation when they return to Springfield next month.