Most Active Stories
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
- Western Kentucky Short on Primary Care Physicians, Training Programs
Fri December 21, 2012
Simon Says IL Pension Crisis Threatens Veterans Homes
Illinois Lt. Gov. Sheila Simon says funding for the state's veterans homes is being threatened by a growing public pension burden. Simon visited the Adjutant Illinois Veterans Home in Anna Thursday to celebrate the holiday season with residents and highlight the service the homes provide. The state operates homes in Anna, LaSalle, Manteno and Quincy but has cut funding for them.
Governor Pat Quinn wants lawmakers to help him craft a plan to reduce the state's pension obligation when they return to Springfield next month.