Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Fri December 21, 2012
Simon Says IL Pension Crisis Threatens Veterans Homes
Illinois Lt. Gov. Sheila Simon says funding for the state's veterans homes is being threatened by a growing public pension burden. Simon visited the Adjutant Illinois Veterans Home in Anna Thursday to celebrate the holiday season with residents and highlight the service the homes provide. The state operates homes in Anna, LaSalle, Manteno and Quincy but has cut funding for them.
Governor Pat Quinn wants lawmakers to help him craft a plan to reduce the state's pension obligation when they return to Springfield next month.