Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Wed August 7, 2013
Simon Launches Online Military Survey For IL Families
Illinois Lt. Gov. Sheila Simon has launched a survey to get feedback from military families statewide. The survey asks questions about education, job training, quality of life and business climate. Simon's office says it will take less than 10 minutes to complete. In a statement, Simon says the idea is to learn how to make communities better places to live and work.
It's being conducted with the Illinois Institute for Rural Affairs. The survey period ends September 6. The findings will be presented to the Interagency Military Base Support and Economic Development Committee. The group that Simon chairs oversees the state's activities and communications in regards to military bases statewide. The committee also recommends guidance for changes to bases, including reuse.