Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed August 7, 2013
Simon Launches Online Military Survey For IL Families
Illinois Lt. Gov. Sheila Simon has launched a survey to get feedback from military families statewide. The survey asks questions about education, job training, quality of life and business climate. Simon's office says it will take less than 10 minutes to complete. In a statement, Simon says the idea is to learn how to make communities better places to live and work.
It's being conducted with the Illinois Institute for Rural Affairs. The survey period ends September 6. The findings will be presented to the Interagency Military Base Support and Economic Development Committee. The group that Simon chairs oversees the state's activities and communications in regards to military bases statewide. The committee also recommends guidance for changes to bases, including reuse.