Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Fri July 26, 2013
Simon Announces Guide For Services In Rural Areas
Illinois state officials are releasing an updated guide to state services that targets residents in rural areas. Lieutenant. Governor Sheila Simon says the online resources will help rural residents who often don't know about state programs that answer their needs.
Simon is a Carbondale Democrat and chairwoman of the Governor's Rural Affairs Council. The council and the Illinois Institute for Rural Affairs spent the past year compiling a list of state programs and services that are relevant to rural areas.
The online guide is a searchable database listing programs by name, organization, category or keyword. Residents, community leaders and elected officials can access information about government programs and how they can help.
Programs range from those dealing with agriculture to business development and tourism.