Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
Fri December 14, 2012
Silver Trail Distiller Balentine Talks Moonshine
Spencer Balentine is owner and head distiller of Silver Trail Distillery in Marshall County. He makes old-fashioned whiskey moonshine, based on a family recipe. Balentine’s product won the 2012 SIP Award for Best Whiskey Moonshine, and his “LBL Moonshine” has recently been picked up by a national distributor.
His distillery was also added in October to the new Kentucky Bourbon Trail Craft Tour.
If Balentine's name is familiar to you, it's because his story of family moonshiners aired earlier this year for WKMS’s Preservation and Restoration series. Hear that piece by Shelly Baskin.