Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Marriott Breaks Ground on Murray Springhill Suites Hotel
Fri December 14, 2012
Silver Trail Distiller Balentine Talks Moonshine
Spencer Balentine is owner and head distiller of Silver Trail Distillery in Marshall County. He makes old-fashioned whiskey moonshine, based on a family recipe. Balentine’s product won the 2012 SIP Award for Best Whiskey Moonshine, and his “LBL Moonshine” has recently been picked up by a national distributor.
His distillery was also added in October to the new Kentucky Bourbon Trail Craft Tour.
If Balentine's name is familiar to you, it's because his story of family moonshiners aired earlier this year for WKMS’s Preservation and Restoration series. Hear that piece by Shelly Baskin.