Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue August 4, 2009
Side Pockets Owner Todd Convicted for 3rd Time
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – A McCracken County jury yesterday found Paducah pool hall owner Dickie Todd guilty for the third time for violating the city's smoking ban. The Paducah Sun reports it's the third $50 citation for allowing patrons to smoke inside his business, Side Pockets Billiards, LLC. Todd argued his business should be considered a tobacco retail store and a private organization, which would exempt it from the ban. Assistant county attorney Sam Clymer countered, saying tobacco sales are incidental to Todd's overall business and that calling LLC operators members,' does not make the business a private organization. Todd says he will continue to allow patrons to smoke inside the pool hall.