Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Tue August 4, 2009
Side Pockets Owner Todd Convicted for 3rd Time
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – A McCracken County jury yesterday found Paducah pool hall owner Dickie Todd guilty for the third time for violating the city's smoking ban. The Paducah Sun reports it's the third $50 citation for allowing patrons to smoke inside his business, Side Pockets Billiards, LLC. Todd argued his business should be considered a tobacco retail store and a private organization, which would exempt it from the ban. Assistant county attorney Sam Clymer countered, saying tobacco sales are incidental to Todd's overall business and that calling LLC operators members,' does not make the business a private organization. Todd says he will continue to allow patrons to smoke inside the pool hall.