Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Thu August 14, 2014
Sibling Musicians Come Home to Paducah for Concert
A family reunion brings a concert to Paducah's First Baptist Church next Thursday evening at 7:30. Well-known Paducah musicians and educators Janice and Ron Cowherd look forward to hearing their daughter Anne on vocals and Jon on piano, New York-based musicians, performing together. We meet them on Sounds Good.
Jon Cowherd, who studied with Ellis Marsalis at Loyola is recently back in New York City after one of many tours as a member of the Cassandra Wilson band. Anne also lives and sings professionally in New York. Their folks Janice and Ron Cowherd are noted musicians and educators in Paducah.
Anne Cowherd on vocals and Jon Cowherd on piano perform a concert at Paducah's First Baptist Church, 2890 Broadway, next Thursday, August 21 at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $15 at the door: Children 12 and under are free. Doors open at 7.