Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Fri August 3, 2012
Shemwell Released on Parole
The Paducah woman sentenced to 15 years in prison on weapons and shoplifting charges, and who is still a person of interest in the 2006 death of her physician husband has been released on parole.
Penny Baird Shemwell had been denied parole in 2007, 2009 and 2011. According to the Paducah Sun, police still believe the widow of 81-year-old Paducah doctor Frank Shemwell has not told them all she knows about her husband’s death. The case remains open. Shemwell’s husband died in a fire in his home. An autopsy revealed he suffered smoke inhalation and blunt-force trauma.