Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Mon December 31, 2012
Settlement Grants Net $11.2 Million
A 2011 settlement between the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the Tennessee Valley Authority means 13 Kentucky organizations will receive a total of $11.2 million dollars in grants over five years. The settlement covers allegations that TVA violated the Clean Air Act.
Gov. Steve Beshear says the money will go toward projects in schools, universities, private industry, agriculture, nonprofits and local government to help continue the Commonwealth's energy and environmental goals.
The groups receiving grants are Kentucky School Boards Assocation, Pennyrile RECC, Kentucky Housing Corp., Governor's Office of Agricultural Policy, Murray State University, Fayette County Public Schools, Perdue Farms Inc., Bowling Green Independent Schools, Southern Tier Housing Corp., Hickman-Fulton Counties RECC, Mountain Association for Community Economic Development, Department for Local Government and Lord Corp.