Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon June 15, 2009
By Carrie Pond
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky lawmakers have begun meeting in a special session to deal with several issues including Gov. Steve Beshear's plan to allow video slot machines at state race tracks. Beshear also has ordered the General Assembly to address Kentucky's projected $1 billion budget shortfall and an economic development tax incentives package. It's uncertain how long the legislature will be in session, but it takes a minimum of five working days to pass a bill into law. Both the House and Senate gaveled in shortly after noon eastern time today. Beshear is scheduled to address a joint session of the House and Senate this evening.