Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Thu September 26, 2013
Senate President Hires Former Fletcher Aides
Kentucky’s Senate President Robert Stivers has now hired two of former Governor Ernie Fletcher's aides to serve on his leadership staff.
Earlier this month, David Fleenor came on board as Stivers' attorney. Fleenor, who had served as general counsel to Fletcher, replaced Harland Hatter, who took a position in the Kentucky Department of Agriculture.
Yesterday, Stivers' office announced Fletcher's former spokeswoman, Jodi Whitaker, had been hired as director of communications.
Stivers took over as leader of the Senate in January, replacing longtime Senate President David Williams who resigned last year to accept a judicial appointment.