Most Active Stories
- Strong Winter Storm Bringing Significant Snow and Ice Accumulations
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Preserving Our Voices 2013
Thu September 26, 2013
Senate President Hires Former Fletcher Aides
Kentucky’s Senate President Robert Stivers has now hired two of former Governor Ernie Fletcher's aides to serve on his leadership staff.
Earlier this month, David Fleenor came on board as Stivers' attorney. Fleenor, who had served as general counsel to Fletcher, replaced Harland Hatter, who took a position in the Kentucky Department of Agriculture.
Yesterday, Stivers' office announced Fletcher's former spokeswoman, Jodi Whitaker, had been hired as director of communications.
Stivers took over as leader of the Senate in January, replacing longtime Senate President David Williams who resigned last year to accept a judicial appointment.