Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
Thu September 26, 2013
Senate President Hires Former Fletcher Aides
Kentucky’s Senate President Robert Stivers has now hired two of former Governor Ernie Fletcher's aides to serve on his leadership staff.
Earlier this month, David Fleenor came on board as Stivers' attorney. Fleenor, who had served as general counsel to Fletcher, replaced Harland Hatter, who took a position in the Kentucky Department of Agriculture.
Yesterday, Stivers' office announced Fletcher's former spokeswoman, Jodi Whitaker, had been hired as director of communications.
Stivers took over as leader of the Senate in January, replacing longtime Senate President David Williams who resigned last year to accept a judicial appointment.