Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Thu September 26, 2013
Senate President Hires Former Fletcher Aides
Kentucky’s Senate President Robert Stivers has now hired two of former Governor Ernie Fletcher's aides to serve on his leadership staff.
Earlier this month, David Fleenor came on board as Stivers' attorney. Fleenor, who had served as general counsel to Fletcher, replaced Harland Hatter, who took a position in the Kentucky Department of Agriculture.
Yesterday, Stivers' office announced Fletcher's former spokeswoman, Jodi Whitaker, had been hired as director of communications.
Stivers took over as leader of the Senate in January, replacing longtime Senate President David Williams who resigned last year to accept a judicial appointment.