Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu September 26, 2013
Senate President Hires Former Fletcher Aides
Kentucky’s Senate President Robert Stivers has now hired two of former Governor Ernie Fletcher's aides to serve on his leadership staff.
Earlier this month, David Fleenor came on board as Stivers' attorney. Fleenor, who had served as general counsel to Fletcher, replaced Harland Hatter, who took a position in the Kentucky Department of Agriculture.
Yesterday, Stivers' office announced Fletcher's former spokeswoman, Jodi Whitaker, had been hired as director of communications.
Stivers took over as leader of the Senate in January, replacing longtime Senate President David Williams who resigned last year to accept a judicial appointment.