Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
Fri June 7, 2013
Sen. Paul Introduces Bill In Reaction To Phone Record Furor
Kentucky’s junior U.S. Senator Rand Paul has introduced legislation requiring a warrant before any government agency can search the phone records of Americans.
Paul filed the bill today in response to the furor over disclosure of a secret National Security Agency program to collect phone records of millions of Verizon customers.
He said it’s intended to stop the NSA from spying on U.S. citizens. The bill said the Fourth Amendment cannot be misconstrued to allow an unreasonable search and seizure without a warrant based on probable cause. Paul called the NSA program an astounding assault on the Constitution.