Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri October 4, 2013
Sen. McConnell Criticized Over Campaign Finance Case Involvement
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell has inserted himself into the latest campaign finance case before the U.S. Supreme Court.
McConnell's involvement has spurred groups opposed to special-interest money in campaigns to take to the airwaves to criticize him. Non-profit groups Public Campaign Action Fund and USAction launched a television ad Friday across much of Kentucky. The 30-second ad is critical of McConnell's role in asking the court to strike down limits on campaign contributions. The commercial warns the result would set off an unlimited influx of campaign cash from lobbyists, bankers and Big Oil executives.
McConnell isn't a party in the case, but his lawyer is scheduled to present the senator's views during oral arguments next week.