Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri May 4, 2012
Schools Join the Green Initiative Throughout Kentucky
Nearly 250 campuses are involved in the Kentucky Green & Healthy Schools program, an initiative aimed at involving students in protecting the environment. State Energy and Environment Secretary Len Peters says skills gained in the program help equip students to be environmentally aware. Kentucky Environmental Education Council executive director Elizabeth Schmitz says 50 of those joined in the past year. The idea is to engage children in a variety of efforts, including energy conservation and creating green spaces.