Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Thu October 4, 2012
School Shooter Hearing Moved to December
A federal appeals court moved a hearing date for Michael Carneal, who was convicted of the 1997 Heath High School shootings. The 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals has moved the hearing from Oct. 10 to Dec. 5. They will decide if Carneal waited too long to withdraw his guilty plea. A federal judge in Paducah ruled last year that Carneal could have acted sooner. Carneal is serving life in prison for killing three Heath High School classmates and wounding five others. He will be eligible for parole after 25 years. Carneal’s attorneys say he wasn't mentally competent to plead guilty or withdraw the plea within the proscribed time limits.