Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu June 18, 2009
School District Gives Raises
By Angela Hatton
Paris, TN – All employees in the Paris Tennessee Special School District will likely see a two-percent raise this coming fiscal year. Superintendent Mike Brown says all that's needed is the school board to formalize the measure. Brown says district officials were able to foot the bill for the raises after paying off a 520,000 dollar bond debt. The board votes on the budget at their August meeting. The raises will be retroactive to July.