Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri August 28, 2009
School Bomb Threat Suspect Caught
By Angela Hatton
Paducah, KY – Authorities have arrested a juvenile for making a bomb threat at Reidland Middle School this week. The McCracken County Sheriff's Department responded after a note was found Wednesday in the boys' restroom. The message written on a toilet paper dispenser stated, "I'm going to blow up the school today." The school was evacuated and Sheriff's deputies and staff members searched the premises, but found nothing. A 13-year-old student was identified as the note writer and taken to the Juvenile Detention Center. A bomb threat is a Class C Felony.