Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Fri August 28, 2009
School Bomb Threat Suspect Caught
By Angela Hatton
Paducah, KY – Authorities have arrested a juvenile for making a bomb threat at Reidland Middle School this week. The McCracken County Sheriff's Department responded after a note was found Wednesday in the boys' restroom. The message written on a toilet paper dispenser stated, "I'm going to blow up the school today." The school was evacuated and Sheriff's deputies and staff members searched the premises, but found nothing. A 13-year-old student was identified as the note writer and taken to the Juvenile Detention Center. A bomb threat is a Class C Felony.