Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu April 19, 2012
Running Great Jeff Galloway Hosts Training Camp
Murray hosts its second annual half marathon and 5K this weekend. Organizers again asked world class runner and former Olympian Jeff Galloway to host a free running clinic prior to the race. Galloway is regular contributor to Runners World and an author of more than 15 books on the subject. WKMS’ Drew Adams spoke to Jeff about the art of running, his teaching methods, and an injury which has slowed the marathoner’s pace, if only for a time.
Galloway’s training class will be held tomorrow at 9:00am and will consist of a 3-hour class and a 1-hour running assessment.