Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu January 28, 2010
Ruling on Clarksville's Red Light Cameras
By Chris Taylor
Clarksville, TN – A Clarksville judge has dismissed motions to throw out traffic camera evidence from the city's red light monitoring system. Judge Charles Smith yesterday reaffirmed the city's right to use the cameras. A defense attorney had argued the system is unconstitutional because the company that operates the cameras violates a state private investigations statute, making evidence inadmissible in court. The Clarksville Leaf Chronicle reports Judge Smith cited prior cases determining the cameras were constitutional and are specifically authorized by state law.