Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Wed January 30, 2013
Rough Weather Rolls Through Region
Last night’s storm system brought 80 mile an hour winds and multiple tornado sightings to our region as it moved through, but little actual damage was reported.
The storm hit just before midnight and lasted for about an hour before continuing east. So far, damage reports are limited to a few downed trees and some property damage caused by wind, especially in southern Marshall County and in the Lynn Grove area of Calloway County. Power outages were reported overnight in Christian and Muhlenberg Counties.