Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu February 13, 2014
ROMP Bluegrass Festival to Announce Lineup Tomorrow
The 10th ROMP bluegrass music festival in Owensboro is releasing its lineup tomorrow for the June event.
International Bluegrass Music Museum Assistant Director Carly Smith says last year the three-day festival brought in about 21,000 people to hear 27 different acts. The festival is at the same location this year in Yellow Creek Park June 26-28 .
The bluegrass museum that hosts the music festival has worked since 1985 to preserve bluegrass music, but the festival didn't begin until 2004.
Last year country music legend Merle Haggard headlined the show, and other headliners have included Steve Martin, Emmylou Harris and Vince Gill.
Smith says tickets for the festival will go on sale after the lineup announcement tomorrow at noon.
WKMS Press Releases