Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Mon September 23, 2013
Road Work To Reduce Lanes On I-24 At Ohio River
Motorists traveling on Interstate 24 between Paducah and Metropolis will encounter reduced lanes across the Ohio River starting today. The Illinois Department of Transportation says travel will be reduced to one lane in each direction. Then barriers will be added early in October to restrict maximum width to 12 feet, 3 inches. Highway contractors will be repairing joints, and the work is expected to take about two months.
Officials warn motorists to reduce speed, be alert to equipment and workers, and use extreme caution.