Most Active Stories
- While Dangerous Predicted Winter Weather Won't Contend With '09 Ice Storm
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- EKU Plans Response To White Supremacist Flyer Posted In Classroom Buildings
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
Mon September 23, 2013
Road Work To Reduce Lanes On I-24 At Ohio River
Motorists traveling on Interstate 24 between Paducah and Metropolis will encounter reduced lanes across the Ohio River starting today. The Illinois Department of Transportation says travel will be reduced to one lane in each direction. Then barriers will be added early in October to restrict maximum width to 12 feet, 3 inches. Highway contractors will be repairing joints, and the work is expected to take about two months.
Officials warn motorists to reduce speed, be alert to equipment and workers, and use extreme caution.