Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Mon September 23, 2013
Road Work To Reduce Lanes On I-24 At Ohio River
Motorists traveling on Interstate 24 between Paducah and Metropolis will encounter reduced lanes across the Ohio River starting today. The Illinois Department of Transportation says travel will be reduced to one lane in each direction. Then barriers will be added early in October to restrict maximum width to 12 feet, 3 inches. Highway contractors will be repairing joints, and the work is expected to take about two months.
Officials warn motorists to reduce speed, be alert to equipment and workers, and use extreme caution.