Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon June 18, 2012
Road Rally Team Visits Murray
A two person team of travelers visits Murray today as part of the Rand McNally USA Today Best of the Road competition.
Murray is nominated for the Friendliest town in the Best Small Town in America contest. Rand McNally's teams are visiting each nominee to pick the winner. Tourism officials will take the team to local hang outs, restaurants, businesses and Murray State University. The city is up against five other small towns for the Friendliest title, Cloudcroft, New Mexico; College Station, Texas; Frisco, Texas; Joplin, Missouri, and San Luis Obispo, California. The winner will be announced in July.