Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Fri July 20, 2012
Roach Receives a One Year Sentence
The Carlisle County bus driver responsible for a 2011 crash that claimed the life of a six year old boy has been sentenced.
59-year-old Anita Roach was convicted of reckless homicide and was sentenced to one year in jail yesterday. Roach was driving when her bus left the roadway causing the death of six-year-old Logan Simpson and injuries to approximately 20 passengers in May of 2011. Roach claimed a deer in the roadway was the cause of the crash.