Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Fri July 20, 2012
Roach Receives a One Year Sentence
The Carlisle County bus driver responsible for a 2011 crash that claimed the life of a six year old boy has been sentenced.
59-year-old Anita Roach was convicted of reckless homicide and was sentenced to one year in jail yesterday. Roach was driving when her bus left the roadway causing the death of six-year-old Logan Simpson and injuries to approximately 20 passengers in May of 2011. Roach claimed a deer in the roadway was the cause of the crash.