Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Mon July 8, 2013
Riken Elastomers Breaks Ground on Expansion
A Hopkinsville automotive manufacturer is adding three production lines and six jobs in a 20,000 square foot expansion.
Riken Elastomers is investing $7 million in the project.
The Kentucky Economic Development Finance Authority approved Riken for up to $50,000 in tax benefits through the Kentucky Enterprise Initiative Act. The program allows approved companies to recoup Kentucky sales and use tax on construction costs, building fixtures, equipment used in research and development and electronic processing equipment.
The Japanese-owned company manufacturers custom plastic compounds for the automotive industry.