Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Hopkinsville HS Students Allege Discrimination Over LGBT Related Yearbook Quote
Mon December 30, 2013
Rick Perry To Speak For GOP Fundraiser at Murray State
Western Kentucky Republicans have landed Texas Governor Rick Perry to headline a fundraiser focusing on efforts to flip control of the Kentucky House.
Calloway County GOP Chairman Greg DeLancey says that Perry will speak at the March 15th event at Murray State University.
Perry is the longest-serving governor in Texas history and is seen as a potential GOP presidential candidate in 2016, following a failed bid in 2012.
DeLancey says organizers are leaning toward charging $51 per person for the event, which carries plenty of symbolism: Republicans now hold 46 state House seats and need to reach 51 to take control from Democrats.
Earlier this month, Republicans chipped away at the Democratic majority by winning a special election for the 7th district House seat formerly held by Democrat John Arnold.