Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon December 30, 2013
Rick Perry To Speak For GOP Fundraiser at Murray State
Western Kentucky Republicans have landed Texas Governor Rick Perry to headline a fundraiser focusing on efforts to flip control of the Kentucky House.
Calloway County GOP Chairman Greg DeLancey says that Perry will speak at the March 15th event at Murray State University.
Perry is the longest-serving governor in Texas history and is seen as a potential GOP presidential candidate in 2016, following a failed bid in 2012.
DeLancey says organizers are leaning toward charging $51 per person for the event, which carries plenty of symbolism: Republicans now hold 46 state House seats and need to reach 51 to take control from Democrats.
Earlier this month, Republicans chipped away at the Democratic majority by winning a special election for the 7th district House seat formerly held by Democrat John Arnold.