Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon December 30, 2013
Rick Perry To Speak For GOP Fundraiser at Murray State
Western Kentucky Republicans have landed Texas Governor Rick Perry to headline a fundraiser focusing on efforts to flip control of the Kentucky House.
Calloway County GOP Chairman Greg DeLancey says that Perry will speak at the March 15th event at Murray State University.
Perry is the longest-serving governor in Texas history and is seen as a potential GOP presidential candidate in 2016, following a failed bid in 2012.
DeLancey says organizers are leaning toward charging $51 per person for the event, which carries plenty of symbolism: Republicans now hold 46 state House seats and need to reach 51 to take control from Democrats.
Earlier this month, Republicans chipped away at the Democratic majority by winning a special election for the 7th district House seat formerly held by Democrat John Arnold.