Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue May 22, 2012
Richard Heath Republican Nominee for 2nd District State House Seat
Graves County Business Owner Richard Heath is the Republican nominee for the 2nd District State House seat. Heath defeated fellow republican Patrick Fisher last night in the race to serve Graves County and a portion of McCracken.
He goes on to face Democratic nominee Kelly Whitaker in the fall election. Heath says his experience will give him an edge in the fall race.
“I come from a farm background," Heath says. "I’ve actually made a living farming full time so I understand what the farmers are going through. I have a master’s degree with a teaching certificate. I taught school one year. I walked in the same shoes that the school teachers are walking in. I’ve been in business 25 years. I can talk to small business people about their needs… their concerns.”
Heath says his main campaign focus will be jobs. He says he wants to level the playing field so the Commonwealth can compete for jobs with the surrounding states.