Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Tue May 22, 2012
Richard Heath Republican Nominee for 2nd District State House Seat
Graves County Business Owner Richard Heath is the Republican nominee for the 2nd District State House seat. Heath defeated fellow republican Patrick Fisher last night in the race to serve Graves County and a portion of McCracken.
He goes on to face Democratic nominee Kelly Whitaker in the fall election. Heath says his experience will give him an edge in the fall race.
“I come from a farm background," Heath says. "I’ve actually made a living farming full time so I understand what the farmers are going through. I have a master’s degree with a teaching certificate. I taught school one year. I walked in the same shoes that the school teachers are walking in. I’ve been in business 25 years. I can talk to small business people about their needs… their concerns.”
Heath says his main campaign focus will be jobs. He says he wants to level the playing field so the Commonwealth can compete for jobs with the surrounding states.