Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Tue May 22, 2012
Richard Heath Republican Nominee for 2nd District State House Seat
Graves County Business Owner Richard Heath is the Republican nominee for the 2nd District State House seat. Heath defeated fellow republican Patrick Fisher last night in the race to serve Graves County and a portion of McCracken.
He goes on to face Democratic nominee Kelly Whitaker in the fall election. Heath says his experience will give him an edge in the fall race.
“I come from a farm background," Heath says. "I’ve actually made a living farming full time so I understand what the farmers are going through. I have a master’s degree with a teaching certificate. I taught school one year. I walked in the same shoes that the school teachers are walking in. I’ve been in business 25 years. I can talk to small business people about their needs… their concerns.”
Heath says his main campaign focus will be jobs. He says he wants to level the playing field so the Commonwealth can compete for jobs with the surrounding states.